DevOps Certification Training
What is DeVops?
DevOps (development and operations) is an enterprise software development phrase used to mean a type of agile relationship between development and IT operations. The goal of DevOps is to change and improve the relationship by advocating better communication and collaboration between these two business units.
Role of DevOps Engineer?
DevOps Engineer works with developers and the IT staff to oversee the code releases. They are either developers who get interested in deployment and network operations or sys admins who have a passion for scripting and coding and move into the development side where they can improve the planning of test and deployment.
How does DeVops Work ?
DevOps is the practice of operations and development engineers participating together in the entire service lifecycle, from design through the development process to production support. DevOps is also characterized by operations staff making use many of the same techniques as developers for their systems work.
The term DevOps is used in several ways. DevOps is an operational philosophy that promotes better communication between these teams — and others. In its most narrow interpretation, DevOps describes the adoption of automation and programmable software development and infrastructure deployment and maintenance. The term may also label a culture that strategically looks at the entire software delivery chain, overseeing shared services and promoting the use of new development tools and best practices.
While DevOps is not a technology, there are tools commonly used in DevOps environments. These include continuous integration and continuous delivery or continuous deployment tools, with an emphasis on task automation. Other products to support DevOps include real-time monitoring and incident response systems as well as collaboration platforms.
A DevOps approach can coexist with Agile software development; IT service management frameworks, such as IT Infrastructure Library; project management directives, such as lean and six sigma; and other strategies to execute IT projects to meet business needs. While it is typically associated with Agile development, the two methodologies do not need to be used in concert.
Six Core Capabilities of a DevOps Practice
- Continuous integration.
- Continuous testing.
- Continuous delivery.
Learning Pathway with I Smart Learning (Course Curriculum)
Understand DevOps Ecosystem &Agile Deployment Strategy :
- What Is DevOps & Why It Is So Important
- Automatic Source Code Management Using GIT & Continuous Integration Using Jenkins
- Understand, Build and Test Automation: How To Build An Appropriate Delivery Pipeline & Perform Test Automation On It
Tools used in DeVops :
- Your DevOps tool stack will need a reliable build tool. …
- Git is one of the most popular DevOps tools, widely used across the software industry. …
- Jenkins is the go-to DevOps automation tool for many software development teams. …
- Puppet Enterprise. …
What is an Orchestration tool in DeVops ?
In an effective DeVops culture, automation and orchestration work hand in hand to streamline application deployment. In other words, orchestration aims to optimize and standardize processes and automation is a tool to accomplish that goal.
Is Jenkins an Orchestration tool?
Jenkins is a fantastic resource to increase your pipeline’s capabilities for Continuous Integration. However, at its core, Jenkins is a scripting tool, and like all scripting tools, presents scaling challenges that come with meeting increased business needs. This is where release orchestration software helps.
Build Tool & Orchestration Using Jenkins :
- Apache Maven® Installation & Configuration
- Maven® Repositories & Plugins
- Profiles & Release
- Understand Project Object Model (POM) In Maven®
- POM File To Run Unit Testing (Jenkins)
- Build Setup In Jenkins; Test Automation
- Security i\In Jenkins & Notification System
Web Server & Deployment :
What is Deployment in DeVops ?
Continuous deployment automation is performed by a new set of agile DevOps tools called application release automation, or ARA. ARA solutions are designed to support a model-driven software deployment that allows development, test and production teams to use the same process without the need for one-off deploy scripts.
- Learn About Popular Web Servers: Nginx, Apache, Tomcat etc., Proxy Servers
- Mail Servers: Manual Deployment & Automated Deployment Within Continuous Integration
NGINX Plus and NGINX are the best?in?class web server and application delivery solutions used by high?traffic websites such as Dropbox, Netflix, and Zynga. More than 358 million websites worldwide, including the majority of the 100,000 busiest websites, rely on NGINX Plus and NGINX to deliver their content quickly, reliably and securely.
Code Quality Check & Automated Testing:
Code Quality Check: Check style is a free and open source static code analysis tool used in software development for checking whether Java code conforms to the coding conventions you have established. It is one of the most popular tools used to automate the code review process.
- Learn About Various Code Quality Tools
- Installation of Sonar Qube, Code Analyzer and Running Sonar Qube For A Project
- Use Of Test Automation In The CI/CD Pipeline
- Introduction & Configuration Of Selenium, Writing Selenium Scripts, Understanding Sample Test Automation Framework, Execution Of Framework In Web Applications & Selenium For Mobile Application Automation.
Understand Containerization Using Dockers :
- Identify The Difference Between Containers & VMs
- Container & Containerization, Docker Installation, Docker Run Commands, Advanced Docker Run Commands, Overview Of Docker Compose
- Puppet : In computing, Puppetis an open-source software configuration management tool. It runs on many Unix-like systems as well as on Microsoft Windows, and includes its own declarative language to describe system configuration. Puppet is produced byPuppet, founded by Luke Kanies in 2005.
- Why Puppet ?
- Puppet Installation & Configuration
- Puppet Basics & Puppet Terminologies
- Puppet Language Constructs, Resource Implementation, Managing Files & Executing Programs
- Puppet Modules, Defining The QA Environment, Changing The Base Module Path, Hiera Backend Creation In Puppet; Using Puppet Modules & Puppet Forge Git Hub Repo